- The dimensions and quantities indicated are our recommendations to ensure your satisfaction and success. However, to create that bold splash of color, never hesitate to plant your bulbs even closer together, especially in your formal beds.
- When planting bulbs in your lawn or in a naturalized area space them a little further apart. For a total natural look toss handsful of bulbs around and plant them where they fall.
- Don’t sweat the details too much, general rules of thumb are: space bulbs 2x their width apart and plant them 3x as deep as they are high. So don’t worry if the kids (or you) are off by an inch here and there.
- The planting depths indicated are measured from the base of the bulbs.
- Always plant flower bulbs with the pointed ends up. But not to worry if some end up sideways, bulbs are not that fussy, it may take a bit longer but eventually they too will bloom.
Plant in Fall/Bloom in Fall
|Plant in Fall||Space Apart||Plant Depth||Bulbs Per|
|(bloom in Fall)||In||CM||In||CM||square ft|
|Colchicum (small bulb varieties)||4||10||7||18||5|
|Colchicum (large bulb varieties)||8||20||8||20||1|